Spring Green



This is one of my favorite dresses that I have made in a while (maybe since this one). The fabric is a polyester blend that I bought at Vogue Fabrics in Chicago, and has a smooth, almost felt-like texture that I have never encountered before. It was a bit challenging to work with, and due to some slipping and bunching I had to take out the zipper and redo it so that it lay flat (it's a pretty long zipper at 22''). My favorite part of it, however, is the unique bodice. I love a halter neckline, as it emphasizes the shoulders, and the twist in this one is such a fantastic added element. I am also very pleased with the slight train in the back of the dress, as it adds an elegance that balances out the more playful shade of green. Perfect for spring! (or spring showers...I had to take pictures on my porch, as it was pouring outside!)
Anyway, I'm thinking of sewing another identical dress in white for my charity ball next November, since I love the pattern so much. 


 






Don't Ask Me How I Know It, 
Klara

1 comments:

Chasing Violets All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger