El Paseo Fashion Week

This past week of March 16-22 was the ninth annual El Paseo Fashion Week. El Paseo is the street most heavily concentrated with high end fashion boutiques in the area like Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Gucci. My spring break trip to Palm Desert just happened to coincide with this event, so naturally I begged my parents to let me witness some of the festivities. Unfortunately all I could glimpse were the final minutes of Thursday's fashion show, but I was still thrilled to be that close to a runway! Two of my all time favorite Project Runway designers, Uli Herzner and Michael Costello, showcased their clothes. Other burgeoning designers included students at California's FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). One of the highlights of the week that I wish I could have seen was the Meet and Greet with each of the Project Runway contestants which took place on Wednesday and included a Q&A and tips from the designers.

The runway following the show:




My dad and me posing outside the tent:

                 



A few of my favorite Uli Herzner designs:


               




 Several recent favorites from Michael Costello:


                         



                   



Don't Ask Me How I Know It, 
Klara

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Violets All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger