Dress from Revolve Clothing. 


Another spring-like dress to think about on this especially wintry Wisconsin day. 
I took this series of pictures the day after my trip to Arizona, so I thought the following poem would tie in nicely with my vacationing mood. While not the most artistic poem ever written, it reminds me of an important message. I have to admit, I'm often guilty of obsessing over the preservation of an instant in an image rather than focusing on the present. While I absolutely love snapping photos and preserving memories with my camera, I agree that sometimes we lose the joy of the moment this way. 


The Vacation 
by Wendell Berry 

Once there was a man who filmed his vacation. 
He went flying down the river in his boat
with his video camera to his eye, making
a moving picture of the moving river
upon which his sleek boat moved swiftly 
toward the end of his vacation. He showed 
his vacation to his camera, which pictured it, 
preserving it forever: the river, the trees, 
the sky, the light, the bow of his rushing boat
behind which he stood with his camera 
preserving his vacation even as he was having it
so that after he had had it he would still
have it. It would be there. With a flick
of a switch, there it would be. But he
would not be in it. He would never be in it. 


Okay, confession: I know I won't really step out from behind my camera anytime soon. Oh well. (:



Don't Ask Me How I Know It, 
Klara



P.S. A pretty song by one of my favorite bands that I listened to while typing this. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chasing Violets All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger